One of my blogger friends, Kelly from Belle of the Literati, started this amazing feature called Book Bangin’! This is what Kelly had to say about her new feature:
Hi guys!! Ok so I initially thought I would introduce this in My Week In Books video post but then I realized how close to the end of the month we were soooo I decided to post this early! I had mentioned wanting to start a new feature-ish thing on the blog all about BOOK BOYFRIENDS!! SO, here is what I propose--The last day of every month I will be posting a Book Bangin' entry. What this entails is this: each month will have a topic and you will discuss, brag, fangirl, swoon, exclaim, freak out, and talk about ALL THE FEELS over your favorite boys for that topic.
Anywayyyyy, I’d never pass up an oppourtunity to talk about some hot guys who I adore, so here are my top book boyfriends!
1. James Carstairs, The Infernal Devices series: I usually fall hard in love with any bad boy. Surprisingly, this was not the case with this series. I adore Jem with my whole being, and his sweet, kind, and wonderful heart completely won me over.
His eyes went soft and silver as she spoke. “Zhe shi jie shang, wo shi zui ai ne de,” he whispered. She understood it. In all the world, you are what I love the most.
2. Warner, Shatter Me series – Mafi did what I always thought would never happen. She made me fall for the villain. Seems impossible, right? Wrong. There is more depth to Warner than anyone I’ve ever read about, and he is a good, good man who just needs some TLC.
“I want so many things,” he whispers. “I want your mind. Your strength. I want to be worth your time.” His fingers graze the hem of my top and he says “I want this up.” He tugs on the waist of my pants and says “I want these down.” He touches the tips of his fingers to the sides of my body and says “I want to feel your skin on fire. I wat to feel your heart racing next to mine and I want to know it’s racing because of me, because you want me. Because you never,” he says, he breathes, “never want me to stop. I want every second. Every inch of you. I want all of it.”
3. Adrian Ivashkov, Bloodlines series – I heart Adrian so badly. I loved him even as a crazy party boy in Vampire Academy, but I fell for him even more when I realized that he has much more to him than I ever could have guessed. Who knew this boy would ever dirty his hands to protect his girl?
“But when I’m around you, I want to be better because…well, because it feels right. Because I want to. You make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you’re like…like light made into flesh.
4. Daemon Black, Lux series – Daemon is full of sarcastic comments, but also the sweetest moments ever. He is fierce protective, and after Opal I would not want to be his enemy.
“I love you, Katy. Always have. Always will.”
5. Jace Herondale/Lightwood/Wayland/Morgenstern, The Mortal Instruments series – Like Daemon, he is full of snarkiness, but Clary brings out a majorly different side than he shows everyone else.
“I always figured a demon would kill me,” he said. “A rogue Downworlder. A battle. But I realized then that I just might die if I didn’t get to kiss you, and soon.”
Clary licked her dry lips. “Well, you did,” she said. “Kiss me, I mean.”
He reached up and took a curl of her hair between his fingers. He was close enough that she could feel the warmth of his body, smell his soap and skin and hair.
“Not enough,” he said, letting her hair slip through his fingers. “If I kiss you all day every day for the rest of my life, it won’t be enough.”
6. Ashallayn'darkmyr Tallyn, Iron Fey series – Ah, I love how Meghan Chase thawed this boy’s seemingly icy heart. And in turn, he literally went to the end of the world to save her.
“My name is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, third son of the Unseelie Court...Let it be known--from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on..." His voice went even softer, but I still heard it as though he whispered it into my ear. "I am yours.”
7. Étienne St. Clair, Anna and the French Kiss – Goodness gracious Étienne is perfect. His accent, his kindness, his good looks, and his flaws are everything that make him and Anna a fabulous couple.
I trail my fingers across his cheek. He stays perfectly still for me. “Please stop apologizing, Étienne.”
“Say my name again,” he whispers.
I close my eyes and lean forward. “Étienne.”
He takes my hands into his.Those perfect hands, that fit mine just so. “Anna?”
Our foreheads touch. “Yes?”
“Will you please tell me you love me? I’m dying here.”
And then we’re laughing. And then I’m in his arms, and we’re kissing, at first quickly—to make up for lost time—and then slowly, because we have all the time in the world. And his lips are soft and honey sweet, and the careful, passionate way he moves them against my own says that he savors the way I taste, too.
And in between kisses, I tell him I love him.
Again and again and again.
8. Noah Shaw, Mara Dyer series – I have such a huge thing for a playboy who completely changes his ways for a girl. Noah is so smexy with his British accent and his tousled goodness, but inside he is just as great.
“You're the girl who called me an asshole the first time we spoke. The girl who tried to pay for lunch even after you learned I have more money than God. You're the girl who risked her ass to save a dying dog, who makes my chest ache whether you're wearing green silk or ripped jeans. You're the girl that I--" Noah stopped, then took a step closer to me. "You are my girl.”
9. Peregrine, Under the Never Sky series – Perry may not be the sexiest man or the best with words, but his is extremely ruggedly good-looking and lovable in his own right. I honestly want my own Perry.
Perry went still for an instant; then he cinched her close, momentum sending them thudding into the door behind him. He sank against it, bringing himself closer to her height, kissing her with a sudden urgency. With a hunger that she matched. His lips moved to her neck and trailed up to her ear, and the world fell away. She gasped and dug her fingers into his shoulders, pulling him closer-
10. Tobias Eaton, Divergent series – Tobias is such a great guy. My favorite thing about him is the fact that he is a rock for Tris. He lets her make her own decisions, no matter if he agrees or not, but he always backs her and does his best to protect her.
“We're all right, you know,' he says quietly. 'You and me. Okay?' My chest aches, and I nod. 'Nothing else is all right.' His whisper tickles my cheek. 'But we are.”