Review: Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter


Inspired by the childhood classic Alice in Wonderland, this harrowing and romantic story features teen zombie slayer Alice Bell who has lost so much—family, friends, her home. After a strange new zombie attack, Alice fears she may be losing her mind as well. A terrible darkness blooms inside her, urging her to do wicked things. The whispers of the dead assault her ears and mirrors seem to come frighteningly to life. She’s never needed her team of zombie slayers more—including her boyfriend, Cole—than she does now. But as Cole strangely withdraws and the zombies gain new strength, Ali knows one false step may doom them all.

I literally just finished Through the Zombie Glass and I was blown away. As amazing as the first one was, and you can see my raving review here, the second installment was even better.

Ali is just kick ass as before! When things went badly for her, she didn’t just lie down and take it. She pushed back and fought with everything she had. As tough as she is on the outside, she is pretty vulnerable on this inside and doesn’t like anyone to see her softer side. I

Coleeee, my dark and brooding Cole. He is so dang sexy but sweet at the same time. Well, he’s sweet some of the time. At first, I wanted to kick him straight in the man parts at the beginning, but then I realized his thought process for doing everything that he did. He was just protecting himself. I loveeee when bad boys turn into sappy sweethearts. It’s pretty much my kryptonite. Gena, can I pwettyyyy please have my own Cole?

The secondary characters in this series are some of the best I’ve ever come across. I am so invested in their stories. Kat is one of my favorite best friends in books. She is so loyal and funny and her relationship with Frosty is so amusing. I also loved seeing more of Reeve in this book. She is not as weak as her father thinks she is and I think she is perfect for Bronx. Nana is also so dang hilarious. Her limited knowledge of short-hand texting makes me giggle.

Since I read this book in about 4 hours, it’s safe to say that it is unputdownable. The plot is great and fast-paced. The writing is solid and amazing. The romance is steamyyy and smexy. Ever since they had the first initial vision in Alice in Zombieland, they have intense chemistry. But it’s not just that. They also have a connection that makes both of them strip their armor around each other. They are an adorable couple.

I am so happy that this book doesn’t end on a cliffhanger. It ends perfectly. But I am still so excited for book 3, The Queen of Zombie Hearts. It’s sure to be an epic conclusion.

Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: He meshed his lips onto mine, feeding me a bone-melting kiss I’d never forget. I responded immediately, wrapping myself around him, drawing him closer, drinking him in. Backing me up, he pinned me against the wall and caged me in. His body enveloped me, pressing, rubbing, seeking,. All the while his hands roamed, stopping to knead here and there and oh…glory.
Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles, #2)
Rating: 5/5 Tar Heels!

0 comments:

Post a Comment