Review: Cress by Marissa Meyer

In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.
So I liked Cinder, loved Scarlet, and lovedevenmoreadoredmyfavoriteoftheseries Cress!

Cress was such a sweet heroine. She is a shell, a Lunar without magic. She was extremely different to what I am used to but I really liked her. She was kooky and odd, but really endearing. She was smart and loyal, and she was what she wanted to be, a damsel in distress.

Captain Carswell Thorne…oh my, he is so dang charming! He was sweet and badass, despite the predicament he found himself in in Cress. I know he doesn’t think he is a hero, but he really is. Out of Kai, Wolf and him, Thorne is hands down my favorite. There’s just something about him that was so perfect to me!

I really enjoyed Cinder’s take-charge initiative in this book; she wasn’t afraid to make extremely tough decisions that I myself would have faltered on. My heart just broke for Wolf this book. He needed a hug from me the whole book. And Iko was still so cute in this installment!

The plot had so many twists and turns, especially being from the three girls POV. It had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I thought I knew where it was going, but, alas, I was wrong the whole time. I loved the switching POV’s, but Cress’s was my favorite! The romance was my favorite part of the book. It had a strange development but it was so adorable and the main reason I am so psyched for Winter is because I want to see where it will go!

February 2015 is just so far away!

Swoon-worthy Quote: Then he was kissing her. The battle became a hurricane, with them caught in the eye – his arms cradling her against the wind, her skirt billowing around his legs, his lips gentle but coaxing as if they had all the time in the world. Warmth overtook her and Cress closed her eyes. She thought her arms wanted to wrap around his neck, but her whole body was vibrating and dizzy and she could barely keep her fingers clutched around the fabric of his shirt.
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
Rating: 5/5 Tar Heels!

0 comments:

Post a Comment