Review: Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas


Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy.

While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?
This series is hands-down my favorite fantasy series ever. The clever world-building, the dynamic characters, and the fantastic relationships are the greatest I've ever read about.

Celaena is such a total badass. She went through some harrowing times in Crown of Midnight which made her question everything about herself and her self-worth. She is so hard on herself and blames herself for things completely outside of her power. Her character development was monumental in this book and I loved to see it. Celaena inspires me.

Chaol and Dorian had some trouble in their friendship, mostly because they did not trust one another. Chaol was working behind Dorian’s back because he thought it would protect him the most but it ended up hurting him. But Chaol knows what he is doing so I trust him 1000%. I just wish we got to see more of him. Dorian learned a lot about his magic and I loved him so much!!!! He shall be a wonderful king someday.

Rowan, a new character that was introduced, just happens to be my all time favoriteeeee so far! He helped Celaena recover from the astounding amount of trauma she has gone through and I think it also helped him heal from his many wounds. I know they are completely platonic, but part of me wishes that their may come a romantic relationship from their friendship. ;)

The writing is impeccable and the plot is so exciting. I loved that we got to see so many different POV’s especially some new ones – Manon, Rowan and Sorscha. Such great additions.

Book 4 doesn’t even have a title yet! I cannot wait for it and I hope for a Chaol/Celaena reunion pretty quickly.
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)
Rating: 5/5 Tar Heels!

1 comment:

  1. This book was epic! I loved it, from page one to the end!

    I have a blog as well, if you want to stop by I'd appreciate it so much! It's both in Italian and in English :3 -> http://frannieinthepages.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete