Top Ten Tuesday (13): Top Ten Favorite Characters in the Paranormal Genre
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For more information and a list of past and future topics, go here.
1. Adrian Ivashkov, Bloodlines series – I am still on a Bloodlines kick, so of course Adrian is going on my list. He has the ideal mix of snarkiness, protectiveness, and perfected looks.
2. Ashallayn'darkmyr Tallyn, Iron Fey series – This guy would literally go through hell and back for his girl. I admire his tenacity, courageousness, and hotness.
3. Rose Hathaway, Vampire Academy series – As long as I live, I am positive I will never come across a heroine as kick ass as Rose. She never lets anything stop her from doing what she thinks is right. Boyfriend turns into a Strigoi – no problem, she’ll find a way to turn him back. Being accused of murder with her fingerprints on the weapon – ah, she’ll just prove her innocence after being broken out of jail. See what I mean?
4. Warner, Shatter Me series – I know that this is technically a dystopian, but I don’t really care. Warner is broken, but inside he really is kind and wonderful and hot and looks great shirtless and has a great smile…ahem, I mean, he’s just great. :)
5. Jem Carstairs, The Infernal Devices series – Jem does not possess a bad bone in his body, and he deserves much better that the life he is (hopefully not) doomed to. Team Jem all the way!
6. Puck, Iron Fey series – Puck is loyal to his core. Whatever Meghan needed, Puck provided. It didn’t matter that he was stuck in the friend zone; he would do anything for Meghan. Plus, he is the absolutely funniest character ever, lightening any unfortunate situation.
7. Katy, Lux series – Katy is another example of a heroine who is not afraid to kick a little butt. She does not let anyone push her around and will give it her everything to save those she loves. AND she is a book blogger!
8. Daniel Dyer, Mara Dyer series – Daniel is my favorite side character in this series. He is loving, considerate, and funny, and I know he will always support Mara and do what’s best for her.
9. Simon, The Mortal Instruments series – Simon is similar to Puck. I love his devotion to Clary. He’s pretty much the best best friend a girl could ask for.
10. Aiden, Covenant series – I fell in love with Aiden just as fast as Alex did. It’s pretty much impossible not to. He is faithful and passionate and strong and everything that is perfect in a guy.
What do you think of my favorite character in the paranormal genre? Let me know what you think, and be sure to leave links so I can come visit!