Top Ten Tuesday (14): Top Ten Authors That I'd Put On My Auto-Buy List
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For more information and a list of past and future topics, go here.
Instead of putting pictures of the author’s books, I’ve decided to express my feelings toward this author in ridiculous gifs. I hope you enjoy!
1. Cassandra Clare – There should be no surprise that she is my number one. She could write a how-to book on plucking eyebrows or something mundane (see what I did there?) like that and I’d still read it. Here’s a picture of when I met her.
Don’t let that calm and collected face fool you. This was me inside.
2. Richelle Mead – She has absolutely sold me on her Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series. Although I’ve not read her adult series yet, I will most definitely soon! This picture describes me after I read her books. See my reviews of the whole Bloodlines series here: Bloodlines, The Golden Lily, and The Indigo Spell!
3. Stephanie Perkins – Literally, Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door are my favorite contemporaries ever. I can't wait for Isla and the Happily Ever After. If I'm ever having a bad day, I just pick up one of her books, and this is how I feel.
4. Julie Kagawa – Julie stole my heart with her Iron Fey series. I’ve not yet read her Blood of Eden series, but I’ve heard great things about it. I mean, c’mon, it’s Julie Kagawa. I wouldn’t expect anything less. If I ever saw Ash in real life, this would be me! See my review of The Lost Prince here.
5. Tarereh Mafi – Mafi’s writing is some of the best around. I’d read her books just for this reason. If I ever had the chance of meeting Mafi now that I’ve read Unravel Me, this is what I’d say. See my reviews of the Shatter Me series here: Shatter Me and Unravel Me.
6. Veronica Rossi – The world that Rossi created always leaves me begging for more. She quickly became one of my favorite authors, and I’m sure that whatever follows the Under the Never Sky series will be just as perfect! Every time I recommend this book to someone, this is me on the inside. See my review of Under the Never Sky here.
7. Jennifer L. Armentrout – I will read anything and everything ever written by Jennifer. I get so sucked into every book, and if you haven’t read anything by her, I’d highly recommend it. I am always dying for the next book in the series, especially since they all seem to end of a dang cliffhanger. See my reviews of the Lux series here: Obsidian, Onyx, and Opal, as well as the Covenant series here: Half-Blood, Pure, and Deity.
8. Jessica Sorensen – I have recently been getting into NA books. Jessica Sorensen can write a spankin’ good contemporary, and I always get so attached to the characters. After reading the brutal cliffhanger that is the end of the Coincidence of Callie and Kayden, this is me waiting for the next book!
9. Michelle Hodkin – This woman can write an extraordinarily scary book, and I applaud her on it. I always need to be around other people when I read her books, or else I freak out because of the creepiness, just like T-Swift! When the Mara Dyer series ends, I will be picking up whatever she decides to write next.
10. Huntley Fitzpatrick – I fell in love with her debut novel, My Life Next Door. After finishing this book in a couple hours, this was my reaction. See my review of My Life Next Door here.
I absolutely had the best time with the post, so let me know what authors are on your auto-buy list, and make sure to leave me your link so I can visit!