Review: The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski


The Edge of Never by: J.A. Redmerski

Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett thought she knew exactly where her life was going. But after a wild night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she shocks everyone-including herself-when she decides to leave the only life she's ever known and set out on her own. Grabbing her purse and her cell phone, Camryn boards a Greyhound bus ready to find herself. Instead, she finds Andrew Parrish.

Sexy and exciting, Andrew lives life like there is no tomorrow. He persuades Camryn to do things she never thought she would and shows her how to give in to her deepest, most forbidden desires. Soon he becomes the center of her daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But there is more to Andrew than Camryn realizes. Will his secret push them inseparably together-or destroy them forever?
Warning: This book is a tear-jerker. You will cry. It’s just a hard fact. You will cry. But it is really one of the books that made me fall in love with new adult.

Camryn Bennett is on a road trip to find herself after facing too much tragedy for a girl her age. When she gets on the Greyhound bus, she doesn’t expect to meet Andrew Parrish, a gorgeous guy who is on the same path as she is. After a couple mishaps, they end up on the road together and there is no telling what might happen...

Camryn is a trooper. I don’t want to list all the bad things that has happened to hear for the sake of spoilers, but believe me, she’s been through it all. Bless her heart. She is kind and always thinks of everyone before herself, but she’ll definitely surprise you multiple times. She’s a bit unpredictable, which is a nice change from the cookie cutter heroines that grace many novels now-a-days.

Andrew is the epitome of perfect. He is good looking. He can SING. He has a great sense of humor. He exudes sexiness and excels at dirty talk. :) One of the best things about him is that he is real. He is believable in everything he does and says. He’s freakin’ hilarious. Just wait ‘til the scene where he asks Camryn if she got some…personal stuff. In front of people. I died laughing.
                                                                                  
At first, I was appalled by Camryn’s friend Natalie. Does she not know that friendships will always last longer than boys? Gosh. But she really redeemed herself when Camryn really needed her. I loved Andrew’s whole dang family. All his brothers were cute and sweet and his mother was just amazing. Kudos to her.

Guess what this book had? Dual POV! Gotta love dual POV. Both voices were unique and I am so glad that I had Andrew’s thoughts throughout the book. It proved to be very important in the best for me. Everything in this book was just so real and inspiring to me. I loved how music was incorporated into the whole book and I just loved everything. So vague, I know. But really everything was perfect. How they met, the progression of their relationship, and how they feel in love was just so natural. I couldn’t have asked for a sweeter romance.

Just really do yourself a favor and pick this one up. You won’t be disappointed. The synopsis for The Edge of Always, the sequel, makes me extremely nervous but I couldn’t be more excited!

Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: She leans I and places her lips over mine, slipping her warm tongue into my reluctant mouth. My tongue moves against hers slowly, tasting it first, feeling the warm wetness of it as it begins to tangle with mine. We breathe deeply into each other’s mouths and, unable to resist or deny her this one kiss, I grab each side of her face and press her forcefully against me, locking my lips around hers with ravenous intent. She moans into my mouth and I kiss her harder, wrapping one arm around her back and pulling the rest of her body closer.
The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1)
Rating: 5/5 Tar Heels!

1 comment:

  1. Great review. I LOVED this book so much. I can't wait for the next one to come out.

    ReplyDelete