Top Ten Tuesday (18): Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For more information and a list of past and future topics, go here.
1. Jane Eyre by: Charlotte Brontë – This is my favorite historical read ever, even before Jane Austen. I love Jane, Mr. Rochester, and the adorable romance.
2. The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices series by: Cassandra Clare – Cassie Clare is my absolute favorite author ever. Her books are masterpieces in themselves, and they have a very special place in my heart.
3. Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series by: Richelle Mead – I fell so quickly with this series, and I always recommend this series when anyone asks for a great paranormal series.
4. To Kill a Mockingbird by: Harper Lee – I first read this book in 6th grade and again in 9th grade, and I equally loved it both times. It deals with very important issues from historical times, and I feel everyone should read this book at least once.
5. Anything by Jennifer L. Armentrout – Goodness gracious this author is amazing. People can ask me for books in different genres, and I can recommend something by JLA every single time. She is that versatile.
6. Shatter Me series by: Tahereh Mafi - Mafi’s writing is completely one of best I have ever come across. It’s lyrical and beautiful, and I don’t hesitate to recommend this series.
7. Harry Potter series by: J.K. Rowling – Everyone just needs to read this series, hands down. It deals with a great friendship, and it has everything a great book has.
8. Anna and the French Kiss by: Stephanie Perkins – When anyone asks for an wonderful contemporary, I always push them in the direction of Anna.
9. Stargirl by: Jerry Spinelli - This is another book I read in my middle school days, and I still think of it often. It’s a great tale about a girl who is very different and a boy who loves her. I’d always recommend this book, especially to younger people.
10. Mara Dyer series by: Michelle Hodkin – This series is beyond creeptastic, but brilliant at the same time. If anyone wants a recommendation for a chilling book sprinkled with a consuming romance, I point them in this way.
What books do you recommend the most? Comment and let me know!