Review: Losing it by Cora Carmack


Losing it by: Cora Carmack

Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.
I had heard so many amazing things about Losing It. With my current obsession with NA books, I absolutely knew I had to read this one. I only wish I had read it sooner! 

Bliss is in her last year of college, and she is still a virgin, much to her best friends surprise. She decides to go to a bar to have a one-night stand. Seems to be the best answer to her problems. When she meets a gorgeous British man, she makes the decision to take him home. But when they are pretty darn close to doing the deed, she completely freaks out and makes up some horrible excuse and leaves him naked in her bed. Bliss gets a rude awakening when he turns out to be her theater professor. And thus drama ensues.

I loved Bliss as a heroine. She’s very loveable, but also she’s the hands-down funniest MC that I have ever encountered. My goodness she was so hilarious. She’s super sweet but also pretty crazy. I mean, the excuse she made up to leave Garrick in her bed before getting really into it had me in tears. She’s also a rambler, which was pretty great too.

Garrick is oh so amazing in every way. He’s British, which is swoon-worthy enough, but he’s also sexy, sweet, and super adorable. I really want my own Garrick. He cared so much for Bliss, and he was a great counterpart to Bliss’s all around craziness. Ah he is just perfect.

The supporting cast was just as great too. Kelsey, Bliss’s best friend was a very supportive best friend and definitely a great wing woman. Cade, her other best friend, was so sweet and cute. He cared for so immensely, and I’m stoked he’s getting his own book!

The plot was definitely something that I have never encountered before. Virgin girl, hot guy left in bed, hot guy = teacher. Makes for some awkward situations. But it was absolutely wonderful. I couldn’t get enough. I laid in bed reading the whole thing in one sitting. It was so damn addicting. The writing was pretty great. It was highly entertaining to be inside Bliss’s heard. Of course the romance was the highlight of this book. They may have had an unconventional start to their relationship, but it all worked out incredibly well. I loved their sexy sexual tension. So hot! They also had a lot of love between each other. Their sweet moments were really beautiful.

This definitely made my favorites list, and Cade’s story is going to be equally as great! Go pick it up. Now. :)

Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: He kissed me hard, and long enough that I could taste more of him in my mouth than myself. I dug my fingernails into his shoulder, because I had learned that every time I did, he press his hips harder against mine. If he weren’t careful, I would draw blood soon. His hands smoothed up my sides, sending shivers across my skin when he passed the sensitive spots. And finally, one hand stole around my back, reaching for the clasp of my bra.
Losing It (Losing It, #1)
Rating: 5/5 Tar Heels!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you loved this one! I thought it was a really cute story - and oh my goodness Cade's story! I CAN'T WAIT.

    ReplyDelete