Top Ten Tuesday (22): Top Ten Books I Thought I Would Like More/Less than I Did
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For more information and a list of past and future topics, go here.
I figured I would do half books I thought I'd like less than I did and half books I thought I'd like more than I did!
Books I Thought I Would Like LESS than I Did:
1. Shatter Me series by: Tahereh Mafi – My suitemate begged me to read this one after months of protesting, but I just knew it would fall flat to my favorite dystopian series, Divergent. To my utter surprise, it didn’t, and they are now tied for my favorite. I mean, it’s got Warner. <3 him!
2. Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend by: Becca Ann – I bought this on a whim just because the story sounded cute. But I ended up totally loving this one. The male MC is so funny and sweet, and it was the cutest romance.
3. Perfect Chemistry series by: Simone Elkles – This was another series I was persuaded to read, this time by my sister, and I was so glad that I did. Each story is so fabulous and full of swoony moments.
4. Darkest Powers series by: Kelley Armstrong – When I picked up the first book in the series, I was hooked. They just kept getting better from there. It has an unlikely hero, whom I’ve grown to adore completely. It still remains one of my favorite series.
5. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by: Ransom Riggs – I read this book, mostly out of curiosity because of the creepy as mess pictures in it, but I really loved it. If you haven’t read this one yet, I’d recommend reading it at home during the day with company. Definitely spooky.
Books I Thought I Would Like MORE than I Did:
1. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by: Jennifer E. Smith – Gosh what is wrong with me?! Everyone I’ve seen has adored this book, and yeah I thought it was cute, it just didn’t make my favorites shelf. I was sad. :(
2. The Hunger Games series by: Susanne Collins – Don’t hit me! I think this is a great series, it is just that after hearing everybody rave about this book for so long, I was slightly disappointed by it.
3. Unearthly series by: Cynthia Hand – I think Hand’s writing is gorgeous, but after the first book, which I devoured, I was not as impressed with the last two. I read them mostly because I wanted to see who Clara ended up with.
4. For Darkness Shows the Stars by: Diana Peterfreund – Again, her writing was beautiful, and I thought the premise was super amazing, but the romance was not as enticing to me, especially when the hero spent the first ¾ of the book being a jerk.
5. Angelfire by: Courtney Allison Moulton – Althought I can’t tell you what, this book just reminded me of something else, and I totally wasn’t engaged at all. I do like Will though, and I will finish the series. I’ve heard they are wonderful, so I have high hopes.
What books did you think you would like more or less than you did? Comment and let me know!