Review: The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa


The Lost Prince by: Julie Kagawa


Goodreads Synopsis:

Don’t look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.

That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

Review:

As a avid lover of Julie’s The Iron Fey series, I was ecstatic, to say the least, when I learned she was writing a series focusing on the sweet baby brother of Meghan, Ethan Chase.

Ethan is now all grown up, and he has to deal with the seeing fey because he has been cursed with the Sight. They see him, and he sees Them. When a schoolmate goes missing, Ethan must venture into the world that he has done all he can to stay away from. When Kenzie, a school journalist, immerses herself in Ethan’s fey world, Ethan must find out the cause of the disappearances of the exiled feys and keep the girl he loves safe.

I love male POV’s. I loved Ethan’s even more than usual. He is a misunderstood, bitter loner who has been alone his whole life after his sister left his family. He blames Ash for Meghan’s disappearance from his life. He does not let anyone get close to him, and because of this, he comes across as a rude, brash, and mean jerk. But don’t let that fool you. There is a damn sweetheart underneath his cold exterior.

I really enjoyed Kenzie too. She was brave and defiant, despite Ethan’s pleas to tell her to go home. She took in all of the Nevernever as best as anyone could, and even better, appreciated it the new world. Keirran, Ash and Meghan’s son, will do anything to save his love, Annwyl. I am curious to see how Keirran’s role plays out in the next book. I sooooo appreciated the cameos by Puck, Grimalkin, Ash, and Meghan! I have missed them so much.

The writing is stunning, as equally amazing as all of Julie’s books. It flows beautifully! The plot is so interesting; I love the introduction of the new fey, the Forgotten. They are just a sad group of fey, those who have been forgotten by humans. The romance is lovely! Despite his rough appearance, he comes to fall for the girl he never thought he would. Julie made me cry like a freakin’ baby. When you read, you’ll understand my pain. WHY WOULD SHE DO THAT TO ME?!

I will be dying slowly until I can get the next book, The Traitor Son. What is she trying to tell us with that title!?! There’s been a lot of speculation, which I hope is not correct. Only time will tell. But, before y’all read this book, you must first read the Iron Fey series, and it’ll probably change your life.

Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: I kissed her, stopping any more arguments. She made a tiny noise of surprise before she relaxed into me with a sigh. Her arms laced around my neck; mine slid into her hair and down to the small of her back, holding us together. No more illusions, no more hiding from myself. I needed this girl; I needed her laughter and fearlessness, the way she kept pushing me, refusing to be intimidated. I’d kept people at arm’s length for so long, scared of what the fey would do to them if I got close, but I couldn’t do that anymore. Not to her.
The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
Rating: 4.5/5 Tar Heels!

0 comments:

Post a Comment