Top Ten Tuesday (2): Books/Authors That I'm Thankful For


Top Ten Tuesday (1): Books/Authors That I’m Thankful For
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For more information and a list of past and future topics, go here.
  1. Cassandra Clare, author of the Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices series: She is the author that really got me into YA paranormal literature. She’s my favorite author, and I’m really thankful for her!
  2. Stephanie Meyer, author of the Twilight series: Yes… Stephanie Meyer. This was the first series I ever really read that I got hooked to. Since then, I’ve never been able to put down books. I blame her for my unnatural obsession, but also for all the good things in life that books have brought me.
  3. Elie Wiesel, author of Night: This book is one of the most inspirational books that I have ever read. It is truly wonderful.
  4. J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series: I am thankful for this series because it gave my brother and I common ground with our book preferences. We bonded over the books and the movies of this series.
  5. Aimee Carter, author of the Goddess Test series: This is the series that my sister and I bonded over. She usually thinks my books are weird, since she is very into contemporary, but she absolutely adored this series.
  6. Simone Elkeles, author of the Perfect Chemistry series: I am thankful for this series for the same reason as number 4. Except this time, I went out of my comfort zone and fell in love with this author!
  7. Jennifer L. Armentrout, author of the Lux and Covenant series: I am thankful for stumbling upon Obsidian one day and absolutely falling in love with aliens!
  8. Harper Lee, author of To Kill A Mockingbird: I read this book after my 6th grade writing teacher recommended it. It is still one of my favorite books after all these years.
  9. Sarah Dessen, author of many contemporary romances: I am thankful for her because she writes wonderful, sweet romances for days when I want a nice, light read. She also used to teach creative writing at my university! I wish she still did!
  10. Chelsea Fine, author of the Archers of Avalon series: As one of my favorite series ever, of course I am thankful for the wonderful author who wrote it! She is also super sweet!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting list! I've loved the books I've read from JK and Clare. I'll have to check out some of the other authors & books you mentioned.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter, Twilight, Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices...these are all great choices. I need to read some of the other authors.

    Check out my TTT. New follower by the way!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO MUCH for the follow! I loved your picks! :)

      Delete