Top Ten Tuesday (1): Books/Authors That I’m Thankful For
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For more information and a list of past and future topics, go here.
- Cassandra Clare, author of the Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices series: She is the author that really got me into YA paranormal literature. She’s my favorite author, and I’m really thankful for her!
- Stephanie Meyer, author of the Twilight series: Yes… Stephanie Meyer. This was the first series I ever really read that I got hooked to. Since then, I’ve never been able to put down books. I blame her for my unnatural obsession, but also for all the good things in life that books have brought me.
- Elie Wiesel, author of Night: This book is one of the most inspirational books that I have ever read. It is truly wonderful.
- J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series: I am thankful for this series because it gave my brother and I common ground with our book preferences. We bonded over the books and the movies of this series.
- Aimee Carter, author of the Goddess Test series: This is the series that my sister and I bonded over. She usually thinks my books are weird, since she is very into contemporary, but she absolutely adored this series.
- Simone Elkeles, author of the Perfect Chemistry series: I am thankful for this series for the same reason as number 4. Except this time, I went out of my comfort zone and fell in love with this author!
- Jennifer L. Armentrout, author of the Lux and Covenant series: I am thankful for stumbling upon Obsidian one day and absolutely falling in love with aliens!
- Harper Lee, author of To Kill A Mockingbird: I read this book after my 6th grade writing teacher recommended it. It is still one of my favorite books after all these years.
- Sarah Dessen, author of many contemporary romances: I am thankful for her because she writes wonderful, sweet romances for days when I want a nice, light read. She also used to teach creative writing at my university! I wish she still did!
- Chelsea Fine, author of the Archers of Avalon series: As one of my favorite series ever, of course I am thankful for the wonderful author who wrote it! She is also super sweet!