Waiting on Wednesday (15)


Waiting on Wednesday (15):
Waiting On Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that highlights to-be-released books that everyone is super stoked about!

The Madness Underneath by: Maureen Johnson
Goodreads Synopsis:

After her near-fatal run-in with the Jack the Ripper copycat, Rory Devereaux has been living in Bristol under the close watch of her parents. So when her therapist suddenly suggests she return to Wexford, Rory jumps at the chance. But Rory's brush with the Ripper touched her more than she thought possible: she's become a human terminus, with the power to eliminate ghosts on contact. She soon finds out that the Shades— the city's secret ghost-fighting police—are responsible for her return. The Ripper may be gone, but now there is a string of new inexplicable deaths threatening London. Rory has evidence that the deaths are no coincidence. Something much more sinister is going on, and now she must convince the squad to listen to her before it's too late.

In this follow-up to the Edgar Award-nominated The Name of the Star, Maureen Johnson adds another layer of spectacularly gruesome details to the streets of London that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end.
The Madness Underneath (Shades of London, #2)
I very much enjoyed The Name of the Star, the first book in the series. It was beyond creepy, with Jack the Ripper as the basis. I can’t wait to see where the plot goes next, especially the romance.

Thoughts about the Cover: There are two different covers, but this one is my favorite. I love the purple!

Release Date: February 26, 2013

What are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first book but it's been on my wish list forever. I didn't even realize there was a sequel. I'll look forward to this one too.

    My WoW:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-10-spies-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only read The Name of the Star recently but I really enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to this as well :) Great pick!

    I'm a new follower :)

    Check mine out Here (My WOW)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower. I still need to read the first book. This one sounds awesome. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete